Source Control for Sage X3 custom development

I am working on a source control project and I am starting to come up with alot of questions and thoughts about how  to backup / control my X3 development.

Adding source code, SRC files is pretty straight forward.  But then there is the question of how do you generate the .adx files automatically when you switch code repositories.

Our screens, tables, windows, everything is stored in SQL data tables... so do I just extract all the data and back it up.. use patches or data integration to retrieve various versions?  or maybe pull it out as patches that can then be patched back in.

These are probably the two biggest questions i have on my mind as i get into this process... and before I start to go down various rabbit holes.. I am curious about how other developers and teams have tackles this question for their work.  

in my case, i have about 1000 elements between tables, screens, views, source code, reports and more.. all for a single project.

I look forward to the discussion, thank you

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2024 at 4:59 AM, Rui Martins de Almeida said:

Hi Brandon, we are really interested in this subject, do you want to schedule a teams meeting? When are you available.

We are a SAGE X3 Partner and mostly we develop verticals.

Hi, sorry, I only just saw this.   I would be interested in having a conversation.   I am generally free most days , Eastern Standard time, Monday through Friday - feel free to send me a message with an invitation.