OData version

Good question.  The API docs don't say anything explicit about the version, only that the "query parameters follow a subset of the OData standard".

I know that adherence to OData standards is a bit Wild West at the best of times; but as there doesn't appear to be any support for '$expand with options' - you know, like combining an $expand with a further $filter and stuff like that - I think it's safer to consider it to be v2.0-ish rather than v.40-ish. 

Thanks. This is the issue. We're trying to use $expand when using the Power BI custom connector and it doesn't work. A friend advised OData v1 - 3 needs a $select before the $expand so tried this too and still no joy. I think its a limitation of the custom connector. We're going to try getting a dev and using OData in Power Query instead and see if the $expand function works. It works fine in Postman. 

Hmmm - I don't think you're the only one who has run into limitations with the Power BI connector - where queries that are fine in Postman won't play ball in Power BI. I've seen a couple of queries about this floating around on some of the other Sage forums (yet to see any kind of definitive answer though!). I've not used the connector myself but one of the other devs here has been doing some Power BI stuff for a client so it might be interesting to set up the connector and have a look - if  I can find the time!