Sage Accounting - Terminology Question

If I wanted to pull all transactions (between dates) for a specific Ledger Account, similar to that which you'd get by visiting Reporting... Nominal Activity and clicking on a nominal code - how do I do this?

Is this a ledger entry? If so, is when using GetLedgerEntries (and what goes in the ledger_account_id filter?)

• Administrators

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the community.

Yes you are correct that in the case of Accounting the ledger_entries endpoint shows all 'nominal activity', and can be filtered by ledger_account_id. 

What I'd recommend is that post initial authentication, you make a call to the ledger_accounts endpoint, using the 'items_per_page=200' query param (you may also have to use pagination if there are more than 200!) to obtain a response for all ledger_accounts and their associated ids. You should cache that data at that point, and periodically ensure its updated (given that ledger accounts don't tend to be updated very often). 

Now that you have the cached ledger_account_id's you can pass the id for the ledger account you wish to look at the ledger_entries for example using:

https://api.accounting.sage.com/v3.1/ledger_entries?ledger_account_id=be8e01824a9111e797950a12319b2edb

Hope that helps!

Ben