Is this a new area for questions about the API?

Looking to find out what field I should use to set the department code and cost centre for a sales invoice item - when using POST /sales_invoices - can't find a mention in the Sales Transactions documentation.

Am using the API extensively and have no issues so far.

Help much appreciated

Thanks

• Administrators

Hi Kelvin,

Good to have you over here on the new community! 

In order to set the department/cost centre etc you'd need to be accessing the analysis codes and unfortunately they are currently not exposed to the API. We know this is an issue for anyone wanting to report on transactions grouped by department etc and are looking to get this addressed. I don't have an ETA on that currently but will update here and in the documentation as soon as we can say. 

Ben

Thanks Ben,

For us, this is a serious shortcoming, we are a charity running 'projects' that need to associate and collate costs and services under project headings (hence the use of Departments and cost centres). This shortcoming means we cannot do this through the software we have invested in. Instead, we have to go back into Sage Cloud and change each cost/service manually!!    To find this out after every other Sage API function does what we need and works is really disappointing.  You say there's no ETA - but I do hope Sage are actually working on exposing this functionality to the API . Can you confirm this, yes or no ?

• Administrators

Hi Kelvin,

I can confirm that yes we are 100% working on analysis codes being exposed via the API. However, enabling this functionality is part of a major re-write of the feature and work is ongoing.

I would add that I can fully appreciate the issues this causes, particularly where this kind of departmental recording and reporting is a requirement, and I apologise that it isn't available yet. As a team we are trying to improve Accounting and its API and make it the best it can be for you as a developer but also to add as much value as possible for our mutual customers,  so this kind of feedback is always welcome and appreciated. 

I'll take this feedback up the chain and if I can update you with anything I'll let you know. 

Ben