'permanent' program access permissions disappear

I'm developing in VB.net, using desktop .net API against a 2022 Sage 50

The development program connects to the company, its status is pending access, permanent access permission is granted, the program connects correctly to the company.

So far so good.

When the program starts a new  session, the 'permanent' access permission disappeared, and has to be granted again, as if it was a one time access permission.

What's happening?

Any insight will be very welcome.

David L.

Hi David, hope you are well.

Sage 50 is available in different regions so could you confirm what region of Sage 50 you are integrating with? I.E UK, US etc.

Also, could you confirm what integration method you are using? I.E SDK, SData, ODBC, API?

Additionally, could you please provide some screenshots of the behaviour you are experiencing?

Once the above is provided I can assist you further.

Cheers,

James.

It's Sage 50 US, 2022
I'm using the latest .NET desktop SDK, in a Visual Studio 2015 VB.net.

The behavior is as described above, but here it is again:

The development program connects to the company, its status is pending access, permanent access permission is granted, the program connects correctly to the company.

image.png.6dc59abceecbd4c367d52a2e60fb7bb2.png

image.png.dd4358bffc268840b28334cad77ed344.png

image.png.54f6ea1ef6c8e385b16897f27f415f1e.png

So far so good.

When the program starts a new  session, after a rebuild, the 'permanent' access permission disappeared, and has to be granted again, as if it was a one time access permission.

image.png.f1c0b51520ba1aaddb95c7405e3bc48a.png

David L.

When you allow access in Sage 50 US, it stores the signature of the program used to connect and grants permissions based on the program signature (not sure how the signature is generated, probably some kind of hash on the calling exe/dll). When you modify/rebuild the program, the exe/dll will be different so Sage 50 will pick up a different signature, and since it doesn't have any permission info for that signature, it will need you to grant permissions for the "new" program.

• Like 3