Has the ODBC Driver for v29 Sage50 Changed? Failing with Filemaker Pro

We have used the 64bit ODBC driver for Sage 50 in the last few versions without problems for pushing data into a Filemaker Pro database. However, with v29 it fails and seem to enter a constantly asking for credentials loop. This does not happen in other apps so I'm not sure where the issue is and I have got around it by using a Python script which draws all the data we want into a SQLite database which FMP can read, but it seems odd. Has something changed in the ODBC for v29?

Edited by Colin Harris
Spelling error

• Colin Harris changed the title to Has the ODBC Driver for v29 Sage50 Changed? Failing with Filemaker Pro
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi Colin,

Thanks for notifying us of this, we have had another report of the same. 

It doesn't seem as though we have made any changes to the 64 bit ODBC driver in v29 other than the addition of some new fields.

The ODBC driver is however an unsupported and externally untested method of integration, so there is always a risk to using it for integrations. 

I'm in communication with the engineering teams about this, but cannot promise we'll be able to provide any further assistance, but I'll certainly try, and update you should I have more.

Ben

• 3 weeks later...

I came across this whilst trying to find an answer to our problem.

We have used Sage ODBC driver from I think about v23.

Connect using PHP odbc_connect() from Apache server running on Windows. As the Sage version changes we just install the new version driver and add a s system DSN with the and off we go.Has been fine up until v28, just add the ODBC driver to Windows as the new version arrives. v29 does not work
Error:

odbc_connect(): SQL error: The driver returned invalid (or failed to return) SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER: 29.0, SQL state 01000 in SQLConnect

Oops, submitted before finished:

I came across this whilst trying to find an answer to our problem.

We have used Sage ODBC driver from I think about v23.

Connect using PHP odbc_connect() from Apache server running on Windows. As the Sage version changes we just install the new version driver and add a s System DSN with the Data Path as a network drive letter e.g. Q: (PHP maps the drive e.g. net use  \\server\sage\company)
Has been fine up until the new v29

Get error:

odbc_connect(): SQL error: The driver returned invalid (or failed to return) SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER: 29.0, SQL state 01000 in SQLConnect

I know this is unsupported but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just updated to version 29 and having the same issue. This needs to be fixed, we have used this since v23 as well.

If not our current setup is completely unworkable and will have to look into different solutions.

Edited by Phil Stowell

• 5 months later...