Bank Account Reconciliation

Hi,

I'm creating invoices and payments via API but I'm missing somewhere where I can set a movement as reconciled. I can see it can be done manually, but can it be done via API?

When I use the URL -  https://api.accounting.sage.com/v3.1/bank_reconciliations  - I get a list of the reconciliations but not the detail of the transactions.

Thanks.

Hi Andrew!

Firstly, have these invoices and payments been allocated? I presume so.

From there you can get all reconciliations,  or just those created since a certain date. See:

https://developer.sage.com/accounting/reference/banking/#operation/getBankReconciliations

If you need to create reconciliations via API, see:

https://developer.sage.com/accounting/reference/banking/#operation/postBankReconciliations

Perhaps this helps?

Please let us know if I've misunderstood your context here or if you need further clarification. 

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the reply.

To confirm, the invoices and payments are allocated.

I have seen the 2 x URL references you mention.

My issue is that "When I do a bank reconciliation in the App, I specifically mark each payment as reconciled".

When I retrieve that bank reconciliation via the URL, I do not see the specific payments referenced.

So when I want to create via the API, I am not sure that I can reference multiple payments (or even one) via the API?

i.e.. I can't see how what I just did in the app can be recreated in the API.

Hope this makes sense.
Thanks

Andrew

• Administrators

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for this clarification. 

Unfortunately the reconciled flag isn't something currently exposed via the API. There is the bank reconciliations endpoint yes, but that will only allow you to retrieve existing ones and create a new reconciliation, but not include any transactions - which is something I will be chasing up to address. 

This isn't ideal to be missing, and so will feed this back to the engineering team responsible. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi Andrew,

So there's more to the consideration on this one that I expected, and have escalated this request through our Product Management to see if/where this could be added to the roadmap. In case I get further questions on it, you specifically want to be able, when making a POST request for any bank related transaction, to mark it as reconciled, correct? 

If what I'm reading is correct, the concern there would be how would you, at the point of POST which reconciliation the tran would be included in? This would normally be something that you'd do at the end of a month or statement period. So is the ask to be able to make a subsequent PUT request later on to update that information?

Thanks!

Ben

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ben

Sorry for the late reply.

I am can create a "Bank Reconciliation" using the API. What I'd like to be able to do is specify the ID's of the transactions that I am reconciling.

This would copy the behaviour of the "Bank Reconciliation" when performing it in the application and have the effect of "Ticking" the reconciled items within the app.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Andrew