Sage Accounting API oAuth issue - Authorise Application Error

Hello,

I am trying to integrate Sage API for Sage Business Cloud Accounting subscription. I am doing this for running API based actions currently only within my organisation.

Details of my setup:

Testing & issue:

• Tried to Authorize the App using the Trial / organisation's account login details for the API - https://www.sageone.com/oauth2/auth/central?filter=apiv3.1
  • Authorization request is failing and I am unable to generate a Authorization code using both localhost & Postman setup
  • After entering the login credentials and 2FA code, I still get an error
  • The app doesn't go to the "Authorise application" page and directly goes to "Authorise Application Error" page (see attached screenshot)
  • "Authorise Application Error" page is at URL - https://central.uk.sageone.com/errors/oauth-failed
  • I have checked the browser console and network tabs but cannot find any information that may shed light on the issue
  • Since I cannot get an Authorization code via oAuth, I can't generate an access token for API requests

Trouble shooting steps:

Queries:

• What could be the possible issue(s) in my setup and how do I debug and resolve them?
  • Since initially I am planning to use the Sage API internally, can I generate access tokens directly without using oAuth?

Please provide support on the issue as I have tested the setup several times without success and I need to get it working relatively quickly for automating actions for my organisation.

Thank you in anticipation.

Authorise Application Error.png

Hi Rishiom,

We are aware of an issue with generated client_id guid's which are failing to pass a regex in our auth service. It sounds as if this could be the issue for yourself.

We're hoping to push a fix live today 06/02/2024 to resolve the issue.

If you DM me with the client_id you're using i'll be able to check if this is the issue.

Thanks

Mark