Validating Triggers/Smart Events Sent By Sage Intacct

Hello, I'm new to Sage Intacct and am currently working on integrating it with my company's in-house app. I would like to use triggers or smart events to send data to an API I have built that is intended to update data in our system. My issue is that I need to be able to validate these calls that are being made from Sage Intacct and into our app. I have seen that you can send key/value pairs with these triggers/events such as the user session ID, but that does nothing to help me actually verify if that was a legitimate ID sent from Sage Intacct.

Is anyone able to provide advice on the matter? I am new to API building in general, but I assume there must be a way to verify requests to an external URL through Sage Intacct.

The best thing to do is make a call to getAPISession - but instead of supplying the username and password, supply the session id you received through the smart event/trigger.

https://developer.intacct.com/api/company-console/api-sessions/#get-api-session

For example:

<operation>
    <authentication>
      <sessionid>iewfjpfn8ur89u8fuifwhreiouhfiouvrewoieubwhfiv</sessionid>
    </authentication>
    <content>
      <function controlid="abc123">
        <getAPISession />
      </function>
    </content>
</operation>

If the session id is invalid, then you receive an error:

<error>
      <errorno>GW-0021</errorno>
      <description>Invalid session [Request ID: 888c325e8e98dd43-LHR]</description>
    </error>

If it's valid, then you receive the session id back along with the added benefit of the URL and location (if at the top level location will be blank):

<data>
    <api>
        <sessionid>iewfjpfn8ur89u8fuifwhreiouhfiouvrewoieubwhfiv</sessionid>
        <endpoint>https://api.intacct.com/ia/xml/xmlgw.phtml</endpoint>
        <locationid>500</locationid>
    </api>
</data>

• Like 1

Short answer is to make a call to getAPISession and pass in the session id - if invalid it will give an error message, otherwise it will return the session id you supplied along with the location and URL.  I posted more details with examples, but this is waiting to be moderated as I include a link to the help page....should turn up later 🙂

• Like 2