Trigger when Invoice is Paid

I have a custom object that is storing a list of AR Invoices. As AR invoices are created, a related record is created in the custom object. The custom table is then related to purchasing transactions and AP bills, where users can assign a related AR Invoice to an AP invoice. When the AR Invoice is fully paid, I am trying to update the related record that was created in my custom object. I tried creating a trigger to update a value on a related record when the Date Fully Paid field was changed but the only option there is Before Update. I then tried creating an API trigger that would send an update to the related record, and while that does offer an option for After update of the Date Fully Paid field, it's not running. When the payment posts, it doesn't start the trigger.

Has anyone successfully started a trigger on an invoice when that invoice is paid?

Thanks

• Members

Kyle this is going to be a difficult scenario to solve. When payments are made on Invoices this does not trigger any sort of set/update action on the Invoice itself. Only on the Payment. So without testing myself I believe you would need to trigger off of the payment and somehow loop over the related line items (Invoices) to take your next action for the Invoice(s) associated with that payment.