Automated email on approval

We have a hosted library of services that we provide for our customers to use, that are for integrations, smart events, triggers, etc. These are called by HTTP POSTs from Intacct to our endpoints on our SAAS server. On one of those services endpoints, I create an AP Adjustment. These are created outside of the system by a web services user which we control. The email address is one we have on our domain. When these get approved, because the web services user is the user that created these, I get an email to say it has been approved. Since about August 2023 when this went live, I have now received over 11,000 emails telling me that a PO invoice has been approved. I raised a case about this to start with because I was getting spammed. The best I response I had from support was to create an Outlook rule to delete them. That's great if the emails come in while Outlook is open. If they come in and I'm using my mobile p-h-o-n-e (The forum rules wouldn't allow me to post this with the word p-h-o-n-e unless I did this!), I just get spammed with emails until I can load Outlook. Is there no way these emails can be turned off? The web services user never needs to be notified if an invoice has been approved.

That's true, I could do that. The reason I didn't put in a noreply address is because there are times when I need emails to be sent from other smart events. If I put in an address that just dumped all emails I would then not receive them. I can't see a way to turn the emails off. It seems that emails will always be sent to the creator regardless of whether you want them or not. I can live with it, because sometimes that's just how things are designed. I thought I would ask to see if there was a way to stop them.

This morning I received another 245 that were auto deleted.

On 8/19/2024 at 5:27 PM, Sterio, Louis said:

Without having the client make changes to their configuration could you just update that user with a noreply email address? 

Thanks Louis.

On 8/23/2024 at 7:06 PM, Sterio, Louis said:

Lee You may want to confirm by opening up a support ticket on this. I am not a config expert.

Cheers Louis. I did once before but it got nowhere. The ultimate response was that "it does this by design" and despite my protestations that the "design" was flawed and really does need more control for the end user, I was told to submit an idea into the ideas blackhole.

Just to give you some idea of the scale of the problem, since I posted this on the 19th of August, I have received another 714 emails telling me that the purchase invoice I submitted has been approved.

Thanks for looking.

Lee