Updating customer with TAX number fails. I don't understand this error message. Anybody knows how to solve?

We have customers in Spain who wish to have their tax numbers displayed on the invoice (we issue all our invoices via API). I am not sure how to display this info so i started by updating our contacts and adding tax_numbers to their fields, then calling update method. I tried in Postman to see what the response was and was only able to get this (tax number does not match the main address). 

I checked main address but there was no indication of tax so I have no idea how Tax number affects main address. Any additional info on this would be appreciated and urgent.

P.S. - My desired end result is to display our customer's (Contact) tax number also on the invoice, below their name and address. Will what I am trying to achieve cause it to be displayed there? If not, is there another way to achieve this? Thanks in advance for help.

Screenshot 2021-09-10 at 10.50.08.png

Edited by Tadej Bukovec

Hi Tadej, thank you for your question. 

To populate the tax_number of a customer contact, the number must be valid. For Spain, validation is 9 chars including 1 or 2 alpha chars. First or last, or first and last X12345678, 12345678X, X1234567X.

If your request is still failing after ensuring the tax_number is valid, please post your request body for us to take a look at.

If the Tax Number/NIF is set for the business and the contact it will display on the invoice as shown in the attached.

Thanks

Mark

Screenshot 2021-09-10 at 13.48.58.png