Authentication process flow for Sage 50 accounting API

I need to call the sage 50 APIs for getting and posting data from a background service. So is there any way we can get a token (with a much higher expiry period) for accounting API without invoking the Sage 50 login screen since I want to call these APIs not from the UI side but from the background process.

Thanks,

frebin

Edited by frebin francis

• Administrators

Hi Frebin,

Just to clarify - are you referring to Sage Business Cloud Accounting? This is our cloud native app with a RESTful API as opposed to Sage 50cloud Accounts which is a desktop application with a .NET SDK.

I assume you mean Sage Business Cloud Accounting, and if so at present there's no way to extend the token lifetime. What we'd recommend is essentially maintaining a connection through the use of the refresh token, checking that your existing access token is valid prior to making your calls, and if not exchanging the refresh for a new access token. 

You can read more on how to do that here.

Ben

4 hours ago, Ben Smith said:

Hi Frebin,

Just to clarify - are you referring to Sage Business Cloud Accounting? This is our cloud native app with a RESTful API as opposed to Sage 50cloud Accounts which is a desktop application with a .NET SDK.

I assume you mean Sage Business Cloud Accounting, and if so at present there's no way to extend the token lifetime. What we'd recommend is essentially maintaining a connection through the use of the refresh token, checking that your existing access token is valid prior to making your calls, and if not exchanging the refresh for a new access token. 

You can read more on how to do that here.

Ben

Thanks for your reply Ben.

Yes I'm referring to Sage Business Cloud Accounting. Just wanted to know can I get a token without a login page in between (By passing user credentials with the other request parameters) since I want to call this API from backend service.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...