The backend service is temporarily unavailable

Hi there,

I've been having an issue when I try to log in to sage via my app. I keep getting a server 500 error and I keep getting this error in the URL: error=temporarily_unavailable&error_description=The+backend+service+is+temporarily+not+available.+Please+try+again+later. Is this an issue on my side, or on the backend of sage?

Thank you

The 500 error is a generic response from our server. It implies that it is unable to route the request correctly.

Regarding your app name not appearing when authorising the app - What name do you have set against the app in developer self service?

To clarify the 500 error occurs after you've authorised the app, is that correct? If not could you provide us with the uri, header and body params please.

Thanks

Mark

@Steel, Mark Hi Mark, yes the 500 error appears after the user has authorised the app. I have double checked, and I have set the app name in the settings. I pass a state parameter too when the log in page for sage loads, could this be affecting this and does this get passed back through to the redirect uri. My app login for sage has been working for a while, have any major updates happened to the API in the last few months that could affect my code which could be creating the server 500 error, with the backend error?

Thanks

@Steel, Mark I have the full URL here that causes the error. It is the redirect uri to my app. This is it: https://myapp.co.uk/account/platforms/platformredirect/?error=temporarily_unavailable&error_description=The+backend+service+is+temporarily+not+available.+Please+try+again+later.&state={'platform'%3A+'sage'}

I think normally the access code is where the error parameter is. Why would sage be generating this as a parameter?

Thanks

Hi @RJ98

There's nothing changed with API v3.1 or the auth flow required.

Looking at your params there seems to be some duplication with the response_code parameter which shouldn't cause an issue but would be worthwhile cleaning up.

What we need to ascertain is if the issue is with your server together with the auth flow and parameters passed in your app. Would it be possible for you to use POSTMAN together with your registered client_id and secret to test the auth flow? We have an environment variable available from https://developer.sage.com/accounting/quick-start/preparing-to-create-test-data/ which will allow you to test this quickly.

Please drop me a DM if you'd like to arrange a call to trouble shoot further.

Thanks

Mark

Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 08.55.06.png