Where do i start?

Hi

Im currently trying build a json object to create a sales invoice, but i have an initial issue.

Do i have to go through this process https://developer.sage.com/api/accounting/guides/authentication/ before i can even send some data to sage?

Ive tried to follow that tutorial to get access tokens but it just doesnt seem to make sense to me, I am using c#  and .net.

if anyone has done this before then please let me know how you did it...as im really getting nowhere with it.

Thanks

Hi Bob, thank you for your question.

If you're certain that it is the Sage Business Cloud Accounting product that you are integrating with you will need to code or use an available library for the oAuth2 authentication flow.

The best place to start is here. This will guide you through app registry and business provisioning and also introduce a POSTMAN collection that allows you to add demo data to your new business.

POSTMAN is an ideal playground to get started with and will handle the authentication flow for you. Once you're comfortable in making requests etc you may wish to view our samples apps.

Please let us know if you require any further guidance.

Thanks
Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for replying. to be honest im not sure what im supposed to use. we had an old site (c# .net) that used an old sage dll, which is now defunct. we would like to reuse that site but we moved over to use sage 50 cloud and the dll is no longer usable. I wish to be able to create sales invoices from this c# environment but i dont really know what i need to do to even start this. Ive used postman to test the urls...but i dont know what i actually need to do...do i need to get autentication as explained here https://developer.sage.com/api/accounting/guides/authentication/ before i actually send any data to sage. The whole Authorization from the start seems overly complex and it is just baffling me

thanks for your help