Mandatory parameters for Start in United Kingdom not provided: [invoice_id]

Hi,

I'm trying to post some Credit Notes but getting the error:

Mandatory parameters for Start in United Kingdom not provided: [invoice_id]

I'm testing on the START version. I cannot see a variable [invoice_id] in the API reference for the Credit Note.

Would this still apply for the other versions of Sage?

Regards,

Alain

• Administrators

Hi @A FAlain,

Sorry, I've re-read your initial post and this is a very poor error message, but credit notes are not available in the Accounting Start variant.

As such you'll need to create a new trial here for either an Accounting Standard or Plus variant (depending on region).

Its always worth checking on the API reference, as we note which variants support each endpoint there.

I'll feed this error messaging back to the engineering teams as well.

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply.

I have double checked the documentation and it cleary shows that Sales Credit Note are available for START.  I have attached a screenshot showing this.

Perhaps it's meant to say STANDARD instead?

In addition, I have been able to send Credit Notes provided that I use an invoice id as the first error mentioned this. However, online the Credit Note does not seem to be linked to the invoice I specified and cannot be used to a specific invoice either.

Screenshot 2022-05-26 102847.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Thanks for providing this - Ill look to get this amended. I'll investigate the Start credit note issue - but it shouldn't allow it, its not something possible in Start in the web app. You can post Sales Invoices, Money In, and Money out transactions only.

Ben