2 questions please - mainly how fast is Sage?

Hi,

I am a small business owener/developer that has a modified open source order management system running at the moment - currently plugged into Quickbooks online for the accounting part. However am having 2 major issues making me want to look towards something else.

• Speed - intuit is SLOW - often timing out on API calls and you can see it is slow when manually loading the webpages - is Sages cloud solution much better?
  • Negative Sales/Invoices - sometimes we have item swaps so a sale then has a negative total, must these be entered as credit notes or can we post negative sales here?

Thanks - Adam.

Hi Adam, thanks for your questions.

Sage is our business name and covers many different products. As you mention intuit, i'll use our Sage Business Cloud Accounting(SBCA) product as a comparison as it matches the functionality closely.

• The speed of any web application may be hindered by external elements such as hosting service or client bandwidth. We have also seen issues with the efficiency of calling applications and provide a guide to help make integrations more efficient. We do not experience API timeouts in general, the most recent timeout was with an integration attempting to post an invoice with a few hundred line items.  
  • SBCA is able to handle negative value item lines but does not support negative invoice values and you would need to POST a credit note in that scenario. 

Thanks

Mark

• 1 month later...

Any one - Advice please - small company currently using 

version28 0f Sage 50cloud accounts for general accounts and invoicing etc 

Now want to add pay roll 15 payee and 2 directors  - questions are is this the right software for us and can sage payroll be added to