VAT exempt items missing from VAT Return report

We've just downloaded our first VAT report, and in the box 6 section, any transactions which were not elibible for VAT are missing, and not included in the Box 6 total. I'm pretty sure that this is wrong?

"Box 6 - Total value of sales and all other outputs excluding any VAT. Include your box 8 figure"

According to HRMC:

"Box 6 total value of sales and all other outputs excluding any VAT
Show the total value of all your business sales and other specific outputs but leave out any VAT. Some examples are:

zero rate, reduced rate and exempt supplies
fuel scale charges (read Motoring expenses (VAT Notice 700/64))
exports
supplies to EU member states, if the goods are moved from Northern Ireland (that is any figure entered in box 😎
supplies of installed or assembled goods in the UK where the overseas supplier registers for VAT here
distance sales to Northern Ireland which are above the distance selling threshold or, if below the threshold the overseas supplier opts to register for VAT in the UK
reverse charge transactions (read paragraph 4.6)
supplies which are outside the scope of UK VAT as described in Place of supply of services (VAT Notice 741A)
deposits that an invoice has been issued for

But, you do not include in box 6 any of the following:

money you’ve personally put into the business
loans, dividends and gifts of money
insurance claims
Stock Exchange dealings (unless you’re a financial institution)

"

Hi Matt

This one doesn't sound relative to the API. If it's a question around core product function I would try posting on Sage City or contact the support team.

One element I would clarify before posting is what transactions you have determined as "not elibible for VAT ". Do you mean transactions posted with an Exempt or a No VAT Rate? 

Thanks

Mark