Customer portal -> Stripe -> Sage

Hello

I have a client who uses a SageOne account AND Stripe. They appear to be connected. The attached image is from the customers dashboard in Stripe.

Anyway, I have written him a site which allows customers to purchase services. When they book a service, they have to pay 50% deposit. I have done this using Stripe payment gateway.

The customer is allowed to pay the remaining 50% later, or on completion of services. So my client wants a SageOne invoice raised for the remainder.

My question is, how do I connect to the SageOne instance from the client site, without any oAuth interaction, as this is purely public facing. I thought I would be able to just create an invoice at the point of the stripe payment being accepted. But everything seems to want oAuth verification, which is just not possible

Thank you, Chris

Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 11.31.38.png

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be any images of the customer's dashboard in your post.

For clarification, do you know if the customer created the stripe account from within Sage Business Cloud Accounting or external? The easiest way to determine this is to look for a read only Bank Account called Stripe. This is created internally in SBCA when the business on-boards with the Stripe payment service from within Sage.

"So my client wants a SageOne invoice raised for the remainder." - How is your client accounting for the first 50% of the income in SBCA?

"My question is, how do I connect to the SageOne instance from the client site, without any oAuth interaction" - It isn't possible for an external application to integrate with SBCA without a user of the business authenticating the connecting application. There's further information relative to authenticating in our guide which you can find here.

Thanks 

Mark

How is your client accounting for the first 50% of the income in SBCA?

He wants me to create an invoice within Sage for the payment (which has already been paid via Stripe) - I was assuming this is normal practise to have records of all sales.

There is indeed a Stripe bank account in the Sage system for him

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the clarification Chris.

If it's a Sage invoked Stripe account the customer is able to send this directly to the customer which will include a payment link. 

There's a lot of information relating to Stripe integration in the https://my.sage.co.uk/public/help.aspx#/customer/support/accounting-uk?utm_source=findservice product help. If your client searches using Stripe as the key word there's information for setup and usage.

Thanks

Mark

Yes sorry, I am trying to leverage the API to create invoices in Sage at the point of the customer paying via stripe, in a public facing website. Thats my end goal, and I am finding the separation of Sage and Stripe api documentation a bit hard to connect...

Because its a public www site OAuth isn't suitable as the invoices need to be created by an end-customer sale 

Thats the end goal. thanks.

Hope you understand this

Chris

Ideally you need to keep the two implementations of Stripe separate.

The internal stripe implementation uses the href attribute of the sales_invoice as a link and reference so that when payment is taken via stripe, the payment is allocated to the sales_invoice.

The income is then accounted for in the Stripe bank_account. This accounts acts as a type of holding account before the funds are released by stripe. On release of the funds, SBCA will reconcile the payout and transfer the funds from the holding account to the account receiving the funds. The transfer will also include a journal to the P&L for banking fees to account for the Stripe fees deducted.

At present, if Sage Business Cloud Accounting see's a foreign Stripe Transaction/Reference it will post the income to the suspense account as it cannot reconcile the income or allocate it to the originating sales_invoice meaning the user will need to do this manually.

I'm happy to discuss this further with you over a call if that helps?

Thanks

Mark