App authorisation fails for multiple Sage apps

Hello!

We managed to successfully implement Sage API in our workflow using the official guide https://developer.sage.com/ api / accounting / guides / client_ app_registration /. Everything worked fine (app creation, Postman authorisation and final implementation). 

However, this was done only for our production environment. Because we also use 2 development environments (DEV and STAGE), we figured it would be best to create 2 more Sage apps and use their client secret and ids to authorise and use on those environments. But, despite doing the same thing as first time, when trying to get authorised via Postman, all requests fail (unauthorised, see attached screenshot). Meaning we can't get access/refresh tokens and cannot use Sage on our testing environment.

How can we fix this and use multiple Sage apps in our workflow? This would be a really nice thing to have since using the same app for DEV, STAGE and PRODUCTION causes various outdated refresh/access token situations which we really want to avoid.

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks!

image (9).png

• Administrators

Hi Tadej,

Can you try and create a new application via our App registry, and try it again? There may be an issue with the credentials being created that I'm investigating currently. 

In once instance 2 out of 3 app's failed. If you could check this I'd really appreciate it. 

Ben

• Administrators

Hi Tadej,

Thats the correct app registry, but at this point how many applications have you registered there? If only one, could you create a completely new one, and use the new credentials in your application please? 

If you can let me know if that works or not?

Thanks

Ben

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Hi @Tadej Bukovec, this is still being investigated unfortunately, in the interim I'd suggest creating another application in the app registry to create a new set of credentials (client id, secret etc) and try that please? 

In testing I had to create another two before I got a working set. 

I'm pushing for this to be fixed and will update this thread as soon as I have more.

Hey@Ben Smith, I tried what you suggested, I created nine additional apps to try with their sets of client ids and secrets, and none of them worked, opening the same error message as shown on the screenshot at the beginning of the thread. I tried creating a few in a row, then I created one by one and tested it's credentials (error), deleted it and did it for a few next ones like that (instead of just creating them on and on). It always resulted in the same error.

Looking forward to getting to the bottom of this bug 😄 

Have a nice day and happy hunting.