Undocumented Change to Update APPYMT - AMOUNTTOPAY - 2024 R1

FYI -- It looks like the 2024 Release 1 has a change to the Update AP Payment <APPYMT> API where <AMOUNTTOPAY> is required now when paying from a bank with a different currency than that of the transaction.  The <AMOUNTTOPAY> always existed on Create and was required when paying from a bank with a different currency than that of the transaction, but <AMOUNTTOPAY> wasn't required and is not in the list of fields on the Update AP Payment API.  The documentation for Update AP Payment does not reflect this change, yet.  

I also created support case # 00640859 yesterday.  The first reply was a little off base.  They didn't really read my case notes.

My concern is, we had to make a quick change to our code so our MPP Apps would work again.  If Intacct removes this change without notice, it will break our app again.

@AJ Gregg,

That is concerning. Can you provide me the API call that worked prior to the release which is failing now?

We should have a way internally to test this in the branch prior to R1. Also let me know the company ID we will need to copy it down to a dev box to test this in the prior branch. 

• 2 weeks later...

@AJ Gregg

I did not forget about this. I requested a copy to our dev environment which has the R4 release code base.

Once I test and if I can confirm it did indeed work before without issues, I will work with the proper internal teams to make sure we have the proper process in place so this does not happen again. Luckily our REST API will have versioning so breaking changes will simply force a new version and we will have backwards compatibility with prior versions for a couple of years.