Country list and state/province list

I'm trying to push customer records in from a new integration I am working on. However, the source system use a free text field for country and state/province. This is a pain. I have been led to believe that the countries can be sent as ISO codes, which is great, but the problem is that the state/province cannot be done that way. So, let's assume the source system is trying to send Canada.

If I put Canada into the country field it correctly does its stuff and also sets the ISO country code field as the values match. If I put Canada into the ISO country code field it fails as this requires the 2 digit code, CA. If I put CA into the ISO field it correctly sets Canada and the ISO country code field. If I put CA into the country field it fails. So, all this is obvious. I will let the customer know to pass the ISO code and we're good. However, let's say for example, the country is Canada and the source system has a Vancouver address which is in British Columbia. In their state/province field they have BC, they could have B.C. or B C, or British Columbia or even Bitish Columbia. If I send anything other than British Columbia it successfully sends, but that field value is ignored. Is there a way to get out of Intacct, all state/provinces by country? If you use Australia as the country, the state/province drop down changes to the Australian states and territories. I am sure it coes others (weirdly it doesn't set the UK counties list but we can ignore that).

So, to summarise, I need a list of all country and states/provinces/territories that Intacct has. Can I get this via a Postman call via the API? I coudn't see a way.