Manual Payment Via Postman

Posted (edited)

Within postman or any API are we able to specify within a manual payment the line_no so that when it imports, it will import the multiple entry lines if applicable. 

Edited by Kia Sivils

Posted (edited)
 <payitems>
        <payitem>
            <glaccountno>75300</glaccountno>
            <!--<accountlabel></accountlabel>-->
            <paymentamount>1.99</paymentamount>
            <item1099></item1099>
            <departmentid></departmentid>
            <locationid></locationid>
        </payitem>
    </payitems>

So for instances within the example, I can have two <payitem> that will import one <payitems> for that one manual payment? That manual payment will then create two entries for that payment. 

Edited by Kia Sivils

I think the issue is the client wants to import the manual payment due to a lot of them, so that is why I am using postman's file import option. I can do a simple call, but I don't think postman knows that it is two payitem within payitems so that's the downfall. 

I see, I am not familiar with postmans import file option. Sounds like you would either need to somehow customize it. Or build a utility outside of postman to generate your payloads and then copy/paste them into postman for execution.

We've had a few clients that needed to import manual payments with quite a few lines on a regular basis and we wrote them a C# command line utility that runs in the background, parses their .csv file, then uploads it to Intacct via the API. If this is something that needs to be done on a regular basis I agree with Louis and think that may be a better option than using Postman. 

You could also build a custom application inside Intacct that would do the same thing.