XML Package with Smart Events and Document sequences

I'm trying to create an XML Package with a Custom Field that is a sequence and linked to a new custom document sequence, that custom document sequence, and a smart link. However, I can't find a complete schema that covers all these different items, and can't find examples of these either

I've reviewed both the support article "Customization Services - How to create an XML package of Smart Rules" and https://developer.intacct.com/customization-services/customization-packages/#create-a-package and they were somewhat helpful, but left a lot of questions like (see below). Is there some other documentation or Sage U class that has more information? Or is it just a lot of trial and error?

Questions

1. When I view one of these custom items and Print To -> XML I end up with a lot of elements I don't believe are needed, like Root, Company, and Rec elements, and RecordNo field in the rec element. How do I know what elements to actually include the the customization package?
  2. In the example I found for a Smart Link in a customization package, there is a <smartLink> then <smartLinkID> element, but when I Print To -> XML on my Smart Event, I don't see a <smartEvent> or <smartEventID> element in the XML that's produced, so do those need to be added manually? If so are <smartEvent> or <smartEventID> the correct elements to use?
  3. Is there a way to include the custom document sequence in this customization package?

@Aaron LaBounty

For smart events and smart rules, use "Export def" you can find this button it you edit any of your smart rules or smart events.

You can then copy and paste the xml returned into its respective section within the customization package. 

Stack them in the package if you have multiple within the section. 

image.png.9ac14955ac4a8e2833e07a7fe4ca37f7.png

I do not believe you can add sequences to this customization package. Can you provide a screenshot and highlight what you're looking to package related to sequences?

Screenshot the whole page please. 

Posted (edited)

Thanks Louis! I found the Export def button, for me it only appears Step 4 - Select deployment options, so unless you navigate to that specific page you won't see it. Something I'm sure most people already know, but I did not.

Attached is the screenshot you requested. I'm guessing it can't be included in a customization package, but I thought I'd ask.

image.png

Edited by Aaron LaBounty