Bank Transactions and Reconciliations via Sage Intacct API

Hi,

I'm experiencing a couple of issues with the Sage Intacct API and would appreciate any insights:

Context: We receive transactions, prior day bai2 files, from our bank and I want to "import" these to Sage for our financial people. I am creating a bank feed, adding bank transactions via the API. This executes without errors and I can query and see the feed and transactions via the API. However I cant see the transactions anywhere in the UI. (Test environment). I then created a Reconciliation via the API with the feedType set to XML. This made the transactions visible under a "Bank" tab in the reconciliation screen. 

1. Bank Transactions Visibility: Bank transactions created via the API do not appear in the main "Bank Transaction View". They only show up in reconciliations. Is there a way to make these transactions visible in the main transaction view?

2. Reconciliations and FeedType: It seems necessary to create reconciliations via the API and set feedType to XML for the bank transactions to be included. Is it possible to configure reconciliations created via the UI to include any XML transactions posted via the API?

Ideally I'd like to import the transactions daily. Have them be visible in the main Bank Transactions view, have them be visible in reconciliations created via the UI.

Thanks for your help!

• Members

Yes this is by design, when you use bank feeds via the API and you're not using Sage Cloud Services you will not be able to see them via the UI you have to reconcile via the API only

https://developer.intacct.com/api/cash-management/checking-accounts/#create-checking-account-reconciliation

image.thumb.png.db22dd08430e1b6aaa49382f653a387f.png

source: https://developer.intacct.com/api/cash-management/bank-feeds/

Thanks for you reply!

Ok, what's the reasoning behind this design choice?

Is there any way around it? Are there alternative ways of bringing in transactions from banks that don't support Sage Cloud Services?