Sage Accounting imports Stripe test mode transactions alongside live ones

I have Stripe connected to Sage Accounting. Any test-mode transactions generated in Stripe are brought into Sage alongside live ones.

I've attached an image of the (test mode) payout from Stripe, and the line item for it under Banking -> Stripe -> Payouts from Sage Accouting.

I assume you receive webhooks from Stripe for each payout or fetch them at regular intervals, and just need to check the `livemode` field is set to true.

https://stripe.com/docs/api/payouts/object

Please let me know if I should be reporting this on a different forum. Thanks for your help!

sage-stripe-payout.PNG

sage-stripe-payout1.PNG

• 2 months later...

Hi Josh

I've looked at the ticket (our internal ref - AC-6807) and this is still outstanding. Looking at the ticket, it would be good to provide the replication steps so when/if this is picked up by an engineering squad they can easily replicate.

Would you be able to provide those steps please?

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your response. The steps to reproduce are as follows:

• Link a Stripe account to Sage Accounting
  • In the Stripe dashboard, create any charge in Test Mode (in invoice, subscription, etc.)
  • Wait for the payout to be created on Stripe's end or create a payout manually (Still in test mode)
  • The result is that it is pulled into Sage Accounting's Stripe bank feed as a live payout

It seems that when Sage pulls the list of payouts from the Stripe API, it is ignoring the "testmode" flag and pulling in test payouts.

The workaround recommended by my accountant is to use the journal to void the amount.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need any further information.

Kind Regards,
Josh Plant