Cloud accounting - creating item cateogry via API

Hello,

Is there a way to create item category using REST API? I've looked at the "Product & Service" (https://developer.sage.com/api/accounting/api/products-services/) but could not find an applicable route to create item category. 

Categories can be created and assigned to items within backend UI. We need same functionality over REST API.

Thank you in advance!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/7/2022 at 8:48 AM, Steel, Mark said:

Hi Serhiy,

We're hoping to announce the exposure of Analysis types before the end of the month (Oct 22). We'll be making the announcement on the community  so make sure you check for updates regularly. 

Thanks

Mark

Hello Mark, could you please review my question about creating item categories uring REST API? I don't think my question was answered. Thank you!

Hello Mark,

Sorry, the above does not seem to work for us.

What we need is to be able to create a category for items. I referrer to categories, which are located in admin UI within Products & services > New Item > Manage Categories. Have a look at the screenshots attached and let me know if there are API routes to mange item categories.

Thank you Mark!

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 12.36.09.png

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 12.37.13.png

Hello Serhiy,

The functionality we provided will allow you to create a group analysis type category which is what you are showing in the screenshots.

Where the current functionality falls short is in allowing the category to be set against a Contact, Product, Stock Item or Service Item, this still needs to be set from the UI.

We're hoping to provide this functionality in the API in the future but at present do not have a timescale.

Kind regards

Mark