Sage 50 SDK - next sales order number in the system & posting Sales Order - DESKTOP Version

Good afternoon.

I am currently building a C# application for a small business and I need to be able to create a Sales Order ( InvoiceJournal.SelectTransType = 1) via my application.  I am able to connect to Simply - job 1 complete, I am able to get Inventory info for a specific Item number - Job 2 complete, I am able to create a Sales Invoice – Job 3 complete.  Able to create “Sales Order” – HELP!

So, I have two questions:

1 – What is the process / method or post information needed to create a “Sales Order” via SDK?  I have gone through the SDK and don’t see how to create a sales order.  When I use SDKInstanceManager.Instance.OpenSalesJournal() it creates a Sales Invoice.  Any help would be greatly appreciated here.

2 – Is there anyway to pull the information related to the UDF for Item and customer?  We have added two “Additional Info” data points for each Item and one for each Customer that I need to pull for “calculation” purposes.  I know that I can get the data directly via SQL statement but would prefer not doing that if possible. 

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

SCG