Analysis, Department and Cost Centres

I'm interested to know if / how / when traditional Cost Centers and Departments will be available on Sage Business Cloud v3.1 API.   For clients moving from Sage 50 this will be second nature and these layers beyond base nominal codes will be a blocker.  It appears these can be configured in the SBC app but it's not even clear how they are used as do not appear to be referenced elsewhere in the application or API documentation.   Any one able to comment around this / share details? 

• Administrators

Hi Dan,

This is something that we have on the backlog, but isn't currently in plan. We know it's a popular request so once we implement this, we'll post on the developer portal and community to let users know it's available.

Thanks,

Mel

• 5 months later...
  • Administrators
On 10/29/2021 at 11:58 AM, daniel thorowgood said:

@Melanie Lisle Hi, any movement on this?  Will be a significant limitation for integrations coming from Sage 50 base...and so potentially put Sage 50 clients off moving to cloud.

Hi Daniel,

There isn't at present. As soon as we have any moment on this one I'll post in the community.

Thanks,
Mel

• 4 months later...
On 10/29/2021 at 11:58 AM, daniel thorowgood said:

@Melanie Lisle Hi, any movement on this?  Will be a significant limitation for integrations coming from Sage 50 base...and so potentially put Sage 50 clients off moving to cloud.

I totally agree, I have a few clients that I would like to suggest to move to SAGE 50.  but if I cannot get the information from SAGE Cloud, they are stuck. this is a huge cost to SAGE, as the price difference from one system to another is significant.  If you concentrate on this, its of huge value to SAGE.

• Administrators
20 hours ago, Mary Hayden said:

I totally agree, I have a few clients that I would like to suggest to move to SAGE 50.  but if I cannot get the information from SAGE Cloud, they are stuck. this is a huge cost to SAGE, as the price difference from one system to another is significant.  If you concentrate on this, its of huge value to SAGE.

If you can provide me some more detail on those impacted clients I'd appreciate it Mary.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi Ben and Melanie,

As you may recall I have asked several times over the past eighteen months or so and the same 'in the pipeline' response was provided.  I too, now have complaints from my Sage Cloud clients as they are fed up applying endless corrections due to this shortcoming.  It has to impact sales and confidence in the Sage Cloud product, so please Ben and Melanie urge your guys to get this done now - we've waited too long!  Other than this and the sometimes obscure error messages, the API is excellent and deserves this long overdue finishing touch.

Thanks for all your help, I hope this helps you make the case to those who can make it happen

• Administrators

Hi Kelvin,

Thanks for this - it all helps and will be fed back to product management. There's a lot of work going on at the moment which should bring about some overdue improvements. As soon as we are able to talk about it we will. 

Ben

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 10/31/2022 at 1:01 PM, Steel, Mark said:

Thanks for adding this option. Can you please update in a way that you accept empty id's within the analysis_type_categories?

Currently, the structure is:

* If you have no analysis_type_category your JSON string need to look as:
"analysis_type_categories": []

* If you want to post an analysis_type_category you need to add:

"analysis_type_categories":
{
  "id": "04abce...",
  "id": "12fe..."
}
]

When you are processing  line items and for some of the line items you do have analyis_type_categories you have to treat them differently as if you have none. I would love to see that I can also pass

"analysis_type_categories":
{
  "id": null
}
]

but this causes an unexpected error message when posting a purchase_invoice.

Thanks.

Stefan