Is it possible to make API 'get-account-balances-by-dimensions' return result split by journal or group by journal with some additional parameters?

• 1 month later...

@Jacky Xu

Could you provide an example of a current request and response and the a proposed request and response, highlights the changes and add some comments explaining the benefits. I will then run this by the GL team for consideration to see if this is something that can be accommodated or not.

• 2 weeks later...

@Louis Sterio2 Thanks for updating.

Current rest api does not support "Get account balances by dimension". 

image.png.92d53ffcc2bf7efa27d0a52477a13814.png

Can your team add a new parameter to make result data group by journal? I will provide expected response with xml format. Sometimes we only need balance data, if we can get the balance group by journal we don't need query GL entry and summary it. Because some companies' gl data is really big, we need make a lot API calls to get all needed gl entry data.

image.png.71f43294386ca536bd9f4907ee5006e7.png

image.png.b73ada1ffd4b388b56a087760fe698b7.png

image.png

Jacky,

Thank you so much for the examples. I will run this by the GL team for review and consideration.

Can you private message me the sender ID you used to generate your client ID? I need to add the account balance API to your client ID to allow you test.

Its currently in limited release as they are still working on the response pagination.

• 2 weeks later...