Integration with Sage50

We are a  B2B software company  for SMB market, and have received many client requests to integrate with Sage50.  We have our software integrated with QuickBooks for many years. We can't figure a way to integrate Sage50. How do we get any SDK? Are there any  Sand Box or demo version of software available to test  from Sage? Any help will be appreciated.

Hi Brijesh,

Thank you for your post. There are different SDK's and teams supporting SDK's for Sage 50 depending on which region you are wishing to integrate with. 

Each SDK is accessed through a membership to the Developer Program for the required region. For the UK you can contact [email protected] for further information and pricing. 

For the US and CA versions of Sage 50 our colleagues  at [email protected] will be able to guide you.

Thanks

Mark

We are interested in integrating with Sage US/ Canada to begin with. I mailed them but no response. Looks like that email is unmanned or being handled by someone who only works once a month :-).

No idea why integration with Sage is so complex, convoluted and cumbersome for other businesses?  Too many hurdles and complications.  On the hand,  integrating with just about any other accounting software  including with Industry Heavyweight QuickBooks is so  simple and straight forward.

B. Kumar, Ph.D.

CTO, Field Force Tracker

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have to agree with Brijesh that the Sage integration information is definitely lacking.   Our company uses Sage 300, to which we wish to export data.  We also have customers using Sage 50 that we want to integrate with.  I have found API and SDK technical documentation, but no details on how to actually access it, develop with it, or test.  There are mentions of a developer program, but I couldn't find any specific information on how to join and what benefits joining gives you, or the cost.  There is an email contact listed online (https://developer.sage.com/300/guides/getting-started/)  but when I email the contact person on the website ([email protected]), the email is undeliverable.   Instead of having to email individuals, why is there not clear easily found information on the website, and perhaps an online application form?  Why is it so difficult to find the information on integration?  

This is immensely frustrating and time consuming.

On 5/7/2024 at 12:33 AM, Adrienne Paton said:

I have to agree with Brijesh that the Sage integration information is definitely lacking.   Our company uses Sage 300, to which we wish to export data.  We also have customers using Sage 50 that we want to integrate with.  I have found API and SDK technical documentation, but no details on how to actually access it, develop with it, or test.  There are mentions of a developer program, but I couldn't find any specific information on how to join and what benefits joining gives you, or the cost.  There is an email contact listed online (https://developer.sage.com/300/guides/getting-started/)  but when I email the contact person on the website ([email protected]), the email is undeliverable.   Instead of having to email individuals, why is there not clear easily found information on the website, and perhaps an online application form?  Why is it so difficult to find the information on integration?  

This is immensely frustrating and time consuming.

Hi Adrienne, 

Thank you for highlighting an issue with the Sage 300 Getting Started section, I have raised this with the relevant team and they will be looking to address this page.

In the meantime, please email  [email protected] and they will be able to send all relevant information on the developer programme.