Error messages

I'm getting an error message when trying to add a purchase invoice. Is there a list available of these messages and what they mean?

I don't mean the response codes (201 etc), I mean the actual specific messages that are returned if an api call is rejected.

The message I'm getting is "Saving Purchase Invoice failed: value of contact was not allowed".

Cheers

Reg

• Administrators

Hi Reginald,

I will do some checking to see if this is something a) we have and b) we can publish - as it would be really helpful to have further detail on these error messages and even recommendations on how to fix them available. 

I'll update this post with more if I have anything to share.

Ben

Thanks Ben. I remembered reading about certain system-generated customers and suppliers, HMRC repayment for example. I used this supplier in my application as a supplier when generating test data. It dawned on me that posting to these suppliers might be disallowed, and that's what it was. I've now excluded contacts with system = true from use in my application.

Cheers

Reg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/21/2021 at 4:34 PM, Ben Smith said:

Hi Reginald,

I will do some checking to see if this is something a) we have and b) we can publish - as it would be really helpful to have further detail on these error messages and even recommendations on how to fix them available. 

I'll update this post with more if I have anything to share.

Ben

Hi Ben,

Any update on this at all?

Thanks,

Adam

• Administrators

Hi Adam,

It's still something I'm looking into, we've had quite a number of legislative changes we've needed to work on recently so unfortunately this has been pushed back. I'll update this thread as soon as I have an update, or at least a definitive yes or no this is something we have and can provide.

Sorry this isn't ideal.

Ben

• Like 1